vrijdag 16 maart 2012

Welcome

Welcome in my new blog! I Will try to write all my updates in English but that’s quite hard for me, so sorry for the mistakes that are present in my blog for sure!

After a long and a very boring winter, spring arrived slowly last weeks but he arrived! It is so nice to wake up with a concert of Blackbirds in my city Nijmegen and temperatures above 15 Celsius after wintertime.

Spring migration is started now with the first wave of Chiffchaff arrived this week. Everywhere you can hear singing males. I saw already my first White wagtails, Garganey , Storks and Stonechat of the year. Finches, thrushes, ducks and other wintering species are also on the move up North. Last week I heard some Wigeons flying over my house in the night.
The 6th and the 7th of March were the best day’s for Crane migration over the Netherlands this spring. Most of them pass West of the Netherlands over Germany but with Eastern wind that we had in the beginning of March you can see them in South and Eastern Netherland. On the 2th of March I saw a single bird from my garden and the 6th I had a group of 36 and a group of 25 over my ringing site with two Red kites.
More breeding species will come soon but Teun van Kessel and I will miss them but we don’t give a fuck about that because we’ve booked our flight to Israel again! We leave The Netherlands on the 27th of March. I’m so happy with that and I really can’t wait! Spring migration is totally on in the South of Israel. It is one big party with lots of songbirds and very cool and sexy species! We will visit Tel Aviv and Jerusalem to volunteering at the JBO and after that we will stay five weeks at the IBRCE and help with the bird ringing project with Yotam, Itai and Tzadok. My ringing friends Fabian Meijer and Christian Brinkman are already there for a couple of weeks and they have a great time there!

The next update will be from Israel I guess!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten